16 Beamish 5 September 2004

Sunderland Corporation Tramways No.16 approaches the main entrance at Beamish Open Air Museum on 5 September 2004. Originally built as an open top car by Dick Kerr & Co of Preston in 1900, 16 was fitted with a cover for the top deck shortly after the First World War. After the Sunderland Tramways closed in 1954 it was used at various times as a football changing room and apple store! It was rescued for preservation in 1989.