196 Beamish 5 September 2004

A final spell of sunshine before the clouds roll in from the west at Beamish Open Air Museum on 5 September 2004. Oporto Tramways Company No.196 trundles along the main street of the 1913 town. Despite appearances, 196 was built as late as 1935 at the Boavista Works of Companhia Carris de Ferro do Porto (The Oporto Tramways Company), admittedly to a much older design.