3806 Norchard 18 August 1978

Early preservation days on the Dean Forest Railway. Minus its coupling rods, and still in the faded light green livery that it wore during its time at a Staffordshire Colliery, 1953 built Hunslet 0-6-0ST 3806 is pictured at Norchard on 18 August 1978. It had arrived at the railway two years earlier, being one of the line's first acquisitions. It subsequently became much more famous, being named 'Wilbert' by the Reverend W. Awdry, creator of the 'Thomas the Tank Engine' stories.