4 Swindon Museum 15 July 1989

Park Royal built GWR railcar 4 is pictured in the sadly missed original Great Western Museum at Swindon on 15 July 1989 in the company of 'Dean Goods'  2516 & 94xx 0-6-0PT 9400. This railcar was built in 1934 and was withdrawn in the mid 1950s, after much useful information was gained and incorporated into later builds of DMUs. It can now be found just around the corner in the new GWR Museum, which as everything nowadays has to have an image is called 'Steam'. This earlier museum was in a former church in Faringdon Road.