59103 Newbury Racecourse 25 June 1999

59103 Village of Mells passes through Newbury Racecourse station with the 6V18 12:39 Hither Green to Whatley ARC 'Jumbo' stone empties on a cloudless 25 June 1999. Note the mix of ARC and Hanson liveried wagons in the consist. Newbury Racecourse station was opened in 1905 and for a long time was only used on race days. With the building of the large industrial estate that can be seen in this view it was made into a calling point for the local stopping services which currently work through to Bedwyn.