Ascott-under-Wychwood Signal Box 17 September 1983

The 1883 built Ascott-under-Wychwood Signal Box stands next to the station and level crossing on the edge of the village and marks the start of the 14 mile single track section of the Cotswold Line to Wolvercote Junction, which in 2009 was about to be partly relaid with double track. With a storm approaching, the box is pictured in the late evening on 17 September 1983. As the box faces north it is only possible to get a good shot either very early or late in the day.