Ascott-under-Wychwood Station 6 October 2016

A trainless view of Ascott-under-Wychwood station, photographed on 6 October 2016. This clearly shows the new up platform, which was added in 2011, when the line was redoubled. Note the reproduction GWR seat, and the normal basic small station features: 'bus shelter' waiting room, electronic information point, and disabled friendly access ramps. The station was originally opened by the Oxford, Worcester & Wolverhampton Railway in 1853. It was called simply 'Ascott' until 1880.